Monday, August 8, 2011

Fair, fun and fiber



Well, it appears it's been longer since I posted than I thought. Boatloads of stuff been going on, I promise Cliff notes. Biggest thing in the fber entry is the acquisition of my very own alpaca. His name is Titan, he's a beautiful dark brown and he is adorable. I met him in September of 2009 and it was love at first sight! Last October, my good friend Connie of Crooked Creek Alpacas offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. Process her fiber in exchange for Titan and his room and board. Oh, let me think about that....YEAH!!!

I look a little rugged in this pic...Shearing Day and my boy was just about to get his yearly haircut. Had a blast helping with shearing, hard work but working with Connie, April and crew is always fun and who can complain about being around alpacas?

Our A.L.P.A.C.A. Co-op set up at the Columbiana County Fair this year, got to talk to a lot of people about alpacas, collected some nice organic fertilizer for my garden and hang with great friends. Once again had the bonus of being with alpacas, too. Noticing the trend here, in case I missed the point, I love alpacas!

Oh and one of my fair entries took second place. That was cool.

Unfortunately, since I was gone all week hanging with pacas and paca people, much stuff needs done on the home front. Time to run, have to retrieve the felted alpaca purse from the washer and get it out to dry.

Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment