Thursday, January 15, 2009

What I did on my day off

I am a compulsive crafter, I knit, spin, bead, learning to tat again, can crochet, don't do it much, bad wrists. Anyways, I have this Etsy site with my handmade stitch markers and I loaded a few more to the site yesterday. While I was there I had to look around and see what other folks had on their sites and got the idea to do beaded knitting needles. I have made needles for my own consumption before and I am up to my hips in beads, I said I was compulsive. So I dragged out all the larger beads and dowel rods and what not and "Viola!" we have beaded needles. These are a prototype, but I like them. Might have to make some more for Etsy. This model is a size 8, 10 inches long. Great for dishcloths and scarves. I got an idea for another type and will try it out here in a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I love the knitting needles!!! Darn you now I have to make myself some!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete