Thursday, February 26, 2009

Possum Lodge






For fans of the Red Green Show on PBS, no explanation is needed. For the rest of the populace, I shall attempt one, although Red Green somewhat defies explanation. On Saturday nights at 10 our local PBS station, WQED Pittsburgh, runs a Canadian show -The Red Green show. It's set in the fictional Possum Lodge and quite the hoot. Red Green is a handyman, who makes Tim "Tool Time" Taylor look proficient. Red's favorite tool is duct tape, "The Handyman's Secret Weapon", you would not believe how he uses it.


Anyways, I love Red Green and when one of my favorite roving suppliers, Jehovah Jireh Farms, came out with Possum Lodge roving, I couldn't resist. I ordered an 8 ounce ball of it and commenced spinning it as soon as it arrived. The rotten stuff started screaming at me to be a sweater. I DO NOT DO SWEATERS, well...try not to anyway. I am a sock addict, but the Possum Lodge would hear none of being socks, it steadfastly insisted on being a sweater. So I emailed Jehovah Jireh and they sent me another pound of this lovely roving and what you see before you on the left is the first batch of yarn from this delightful roving. The roving and new spinning wheel wanted to make an appearance, as well. Danged bossy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment