Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finished Wheel




Ok this may not be the best photo but I am so stoked I had to post it anyway. This is my new spinning wheel, finally finished. I bought this awesome Louet S15 at the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. It was unfinished when I bought it, a blank slate all ready for me to make my very own and make a statement about myself. I did put linseed oil on every part but the wheel itself, couldn't oil that till I figured out what I was going to do with it.

Ok, let's list the favorite things, Steelers (6 time Super Bowl Champs), nah, already have more than enough stuff to make the statement that I am a radical Steeler Fanatic.
Next, Civil War, Gettysburg to be specific. Well it is only a 20 inch wheel, so a map of the battle field might be bit scrunched.
That leaves Lord of the Rings, I can deal with that, now what?? DUH, the engraving from the One Ring. How will I get it on the wheel? Burn it on! Oh yeah, small drawback to that idea, perhaps a couple maybe. No woodburning tools and can and/or will Hubby do this for me?? Tools, not a problem, hubby not a problem either. He did go halves with me on the wheel to begin with.
So TA DA!!! Here it is, I do promise a better photo in the very near future, because this is a butt kicking work of art!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment